Friday, December 2, 2011

The alarm thing on my ceiling went off, what should I do?

the alarm thing on my ceiling upstair went off, what should I do?





I mean, there is not a silence button, right now I got the battery removed. I thought maybe there is gas in the house, but the alarm in the basement didn't go off(even when I took it upstairs)





and my dog doesn't sniff anything... right now i got all the windows open.. but should I do anything else? when the alarm went off, my mother was taking a shower... could water vapor has anything to do with this?|||Is it a smoke alarm or a CO (carbon monoxide) alarm? If it's a smoke alarm, I wouldn't be too worried as long as there is no visible smoke. However, if its a CO alarm, make sure there isn't any potential source of CO in the house, i.e. a gas leak from the stove or hot water heater. CO is odorless and very lethal. Be careful and check it out!!|||The solution is to vacuum it. Dust ,dirt particles get into them and interfere with the electrical contacts. Vacuum it, and it will be fine.|||It's a smoke alarm, and yes that could be it.|||Every once and a while an alarm goes bad for some reason, it happened to me last month. I just replaced the alarm with a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment