Friday, December 2, 2011

Can you write a story that includes these oldies songs?

1 To Know Him is to Love Him


2 Scarlett Ribbons


3 Have I the Right


4 Silence Is Golden


5 Tell Laura I Love Her


6 We'll Sing In the Sunshine|||Dodge City, Kansas


Circa 1873





"We'll Sing In The ....SUNSHINE!"





Miss Kitty was adjusting the(2) Scarlett Ribbons in her hair as she walked from the Mercantile back to the Long Branch Saloon, the bar she owned and managed. She was singing that hit of the day, "I Love All The Girls."





鈾?quot;Tell Jenny I miss her. Tell Sarah she's number three. (5)Tell Laura I Love her....... la, la, la, la....... Oh goodness me.鈾?quot;





As she crossed Front Street, Sunshine MacGillicutty, her number ONE nemesis, rode into town. Ever since U.S.Marshal Matt Dillon had dropped Kitty for Sunshine, the old redhead was on an endless warpath!!


Kitty:"Well.Well.Well. And how's our deranged Marshal, these days?" She could never understand what Matt saw in her.


Sunshine smiled and dismounted......"He's just fine, thank you. (1) To Know Him is to Love Him, babe." She started walking over to Matt's office.


Kitty:" (3) Have I the Right to ask if you intend to turn a public office into your personal "room of pleasure?! I know what goes on in there!!"


Sunshine laughed......."You know what, Red? That's a GREAT idea!!"


Matt opened the door and walked out toward the ladies....."'Lo, Kitty...... And as for YOU, you wanton little tulip! Who's your daddy?!"


Sunshine shrieked, spit out her gum and ran into his out-stretched arms, wrapping her legs around his waist!


Kitty: " I am ................ SPEECHLESS!!"


Sunshine:" Good. (4) Silence Is Golden, babe."


As Matt walked away, still straddled by his Sunshine, Kitty regained her composure and yelled out.....


"Now what are you going to do?!"


Matt looked lovingly into his girlfriends's eyes......."Well, I think we'll take a little stroll, hand in hand by the old mill stream, and probably (6) We'll Sing In the........ SUNSHINE !!! Stop doing that. We're in public!!! Wait until we get in the woods!"


Kitty dropped her chin to her chest......" Jesus."|||Thank you, Brainstorm. If Matt were mine, I'd sing in the sunshine,snow storms and hurricanes!!

Report Abuse


|||Your welcome. Love your stories about Gunsmoke!

Report Abuse


|||Yes I can.|||Test your creativity. Simply use some for beginning, other for middle and one for ending.|||Sure can, but the question is -- can you?? Silence is golden - doing your own homework is even better. Pax - C|||i could but i won't.|||Yes I can, but won't. How about if they were titles on an album or on a juke box.





Don't tell Laura I love her. I'll tell her myself.|||you have to get permission to use any part of these copyrighted songs. Find out who published them (is in the copyright information on the sheet music) and contact them with what you want to use (all or part and if part, be sure to tell them what part) and why you want to use it, and in what kind of project. Then you have to publish (on the copyright page) that you do have permission and who that permission came from.





BUT why not just write the story first, and see if you can get it published, than tell the agent/publisher that you still need to get these permissions... No sense in doing all that work when you may change the content, and songs used.|||Hey Brainstorm!! LOL!!! They just don't get it do they? OK- here goes-





One day my friend, Tom Turkeybaster and I decided to go have a few drinks in the bar, Scarlett Ribbons. It was pretty crowded, but we found a spot.We couldn't get any service, so Tom stood on the table and screamed,"Have I the right to have a drink in this joint"? Finally our server, Laura came over. "What is wrong with your friend"? "Well, you know,To know him is to love him", I laughed. Tom , still on the table, was doing his rendition of We'll sing in the Sunshine. Some guy yelled, "Hey buddy, silence is golden, you weirdo" Thats when Tom fell and broke the table and his head. As they carried him away, I could hear him mumbling, "Tell Laura I love her"!

No comments:

Post a Comment