Friday, December 2, 2011

Was I right to respond to his silence? I know I was dumped?

I went out with this guy on 2 dates. I kinda liked him, I thought he was into me. But the date did not end the best. My mouth was extremely dry and I was not about to kiss him with a dry mouth so when he leaned in for a kiss, turned my head for a side kiss instead. A little awkward, lol.





Long story short, the next day I sent him a text thanking him for dinner and letting him know I had a good time. That was on Wednesday, it is Saturday. Nothing from him.





I think I can safely say, he is not interested. I am just pissed off because he left me waiting for his reply, instead of just telling me, he is not interested. So I sent him this text (his name is changed):





"Bob, I realized you are not interested, that's cool. It would have been nice if you just said you were over it. We only went out on 2 dates, lol. I can handle it. Wish you the best."





Do I sound crazy in the text? did I do the right thing by sending him the text? Why would he be such a dick and do that?





It made me feel better though.I just hate when guys Silent Dump.|||Wow, I hope you didn't jump the gun on that one. Some guys will wait a bit before calling a girl after a date because they don't want her to think that he's too anxious. Besides, looking at it from his point of view, you sent him the mixed message of turning away from a good night kiss, followed by a text about the good time you had. When a guy is confused, he will hesitate. No guy likes rejection. I do agree that guys should man up and let a girl know that it isn't working out...by the same token, uninterested girls shouldn't say they are busy when they actually have no plans at all. Let's all stop playing games and get real with each other.|||guys who silent dump are afraid. some dudes are like that. goddamn im a guy and i would never do that. if im not interested ill tell her politely, not silently cuz that is ****** gay. you did the best thing with that text. not a single thing wrong about it.|||Yeah that text was perfectly fine. you're good.|||When guys do this to me, I tell them "Bob, sorry there was just no chemistry or attraction. It won't work out. Good luck." You're allowed to tell them that you're not interested! Don't ever wait by your phone for a guy's text. That's time you could be spending looking for a nice guy who wouldn't treat you with disrespect. Nothing you tell him will change his mind, so if this happens again, try being the dumper. It's an awesome feeling.|||He might've thought the side kiss was a silent dump. Can't tell tho.


You don't sound crazy, you sound disappointed and hurt. It isn't very dignified, to express hurt in a goodbye, but it's not awful; he ought to know, right? If you wanted to see him again, though, you should've just said so. Like, "Bob, I realized you are not interested, that's cool, but if you change your mind I'd like to see you again. Wish you the best!" You have to make yourself vulnerable sometimes, in order to disarm other people after awkwardness.|||You might have jumped the gun to soon. Some people take awhile to respond, no offense to you. Some guys just take awhile, trying to smother you. He might have no be around his phone or it might have been not charged. I sometimes get texts from people months later, due to our stupid phone service or an old phone. You should have at least called him, that's more respectful than a text or waited at least a week to text him somthing like that.|||My mouth was extremely dry and I was not about to kiss him with a dry mouth so when he leaned in for a kiss, turned my head for a side kiss instead. A little awkward, lol.





Sounds like that did it, Some guys get all messed up in the head when they think they have been rejected and more the likely took that kiss as bye bye. When their hurt they go in the corner and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment